2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce (adjust for desired spice level)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Chopped green onions for garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F or air fryer to 390°F if using.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, ketchup, Sriracha sauce, brown sugar, vegetable oil, minced garlic, ground ginger, salt, and black pepper.
3. Pat the chicken drumsticks dry with a paper towel and place them in a large bowl or ziplock bag.
4. Pour the sweet and spicy sauce over the chicken drumsticks, making sure they are evenly coated. Reserve a small portion of the sauce for basting later.
1. Place the coated chicken lollipops on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper. Make sure to leave some space between each drumstick.
2. Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, and the coating is golden and crispy. You can check for doneness by inserting a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the drumstick; it should register at least 175°F.
3. Once cooked, remove the drumsticks from the oven and let them rest for a few minutes before serving.
For air fryer:
1. Lightly spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
2. Place the coated chicken drumsticks in a single layer in the air fryer basket. You may need to cook them in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
3. Cook at 400°F for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking, until the chicken is cooked through. Baste with there served sauce halfway through cooking.
4. Once cooked, remove the drumsticks from the air fryer and let them rest for a few minutes before serving.
Optional: Garnish with chopped green onions and serve the Sweet and Spicy chicken drumsticks hot.