Prep Time (Minutes)
Cook Time (Minutes)
- 1 Tablespoon Avacado Oil
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, Finely Diced
- 1 Large Carrot, Finely Diced
- 1 Large Celery Rib, Finely Diced
- 1 Lb Wahlburgers Ground Beef
- 3 Oz Pancetta, 1/2 Inch Sliced, then Small Dice
- 1/4 Lb Ground Veal
- 1/4 Lb Ground Pork
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 3/4 Cup Dry White Wine
- 28 Oz Can Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Beef or Chicken Stock
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper, to Taste
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- Pasta of Choice (Enough to Yield Servings Desired)
- Freshly Grated Parmesan, for Service
Heat 1 Tablespoon avacado oil in a large saucepan. Add pancetta, cook until crispy, remove from pan, drain excess rendering. Add onion, carrot, celery and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft but not brown, about 8 minutes. Scrape mixture into a large bowl.
Using the same pan add the Wahlburgers Ground Beef, veal and pork and cook over a medium/high heat just until cooked through. Return vegetable mixture to pan along with the garlic and continue cooking for about 3 minutes. Add wine and cook stirring occasionally until almost evaporated, about 8 minutes. Next stir in tomatoes and their juices, the beef or chicken stock, thyme and bay leaf. Season with salt and pepper to taste and bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer and cover partially for 60 minutes.
Discard the bay leaf, stir in the heavy cream and cook until just heated through.
In a large pot of boiling salted water cook pasta until al dente. Drain and transfer pasta to warmed deep bowls for serving. Top and toss with sauce then serve.
Pass the Parmesan at the table.